Anyone used this incubator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Demistri, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Demistri

Demistri New Egg

Apr 10, 2017
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The hygrometer portion of it appears to be off by quite a lot as it reads a max of 55% but condensation forms all over inside with both wells filled with water (have since given up on an accurate reading and removed all water from the wells & dried everything also didn't see any condensation on the eggs). For ambient humidity reference I live in the coastal mountain range of southern Oregon and it's raining cats & dogs outside. Now I'm questioning the thermometer accuracy and have stolen the Lizard's tank monitors. Hygrometer on that reads 48-50% humidity and thermometer reads 98-99 with temp set at 38.0 C. Figured I woukd check the accuracy of the two and stuck an oral thermometer in there for good measure. The oral thermometer fairly closely reflects the set temp on the incubator and is at least 2 degrees F greater than the Lizard's tank monitor. Just curious if anyone else has used this particular incubator or maybe some pointers.

2. eggbert420

eggbert420 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 15, 2017
    Texas
    I've never used a store bought incubator. Mine is home made, its been going strong for 35 years. However, I hear that all store bought incubators come with crappy thermometer and hydrometers

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by