Anyone using the R-com 20 or the r-com pror 20

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by thepetpaw, Aug 23, 2008.

1. thepetpaw

thepetpaw Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Anyone using the R-com 20 or the r-com pror 20,

I am serisously thingking about purchasing but want to hear some feedback first

2. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I had one and loved it. I had the r-com 20 and used it for almost a year. Then sold it to friend when I bought the sportsman. I liked that you set it and don't have to worry about it except to fill the water up ever 3 or 4 days. Only thing I didn't care for was the little music tune it played every hour. But I guess that is to let you know it's turning the eggs.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2008
  3. thepetpaw

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Thanks I appreciate your feedback! Did you go larger then had to buy the sportsman - it is one of those cabinet ones right?

4. Poison Ivy

Poison Ivy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2007
    Naples, Florida
    I was hatching for a friend and was running out of room. So decided to go ahead and buy the sportsman 1502. Yes it's a cabinet incubator but I also have the pre-set hova bator genesis 1588 and I love it too.
    It's great if I don't want to start up the big bator and it's temps hold great all you do is add water. I bought mine with a turner but it's made of Styrofoam. You might want to get one of those instead the price is great and a bunch of people on here have them. They get great reviews.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  5. austinhart123

austinhart123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 12, 2008
    Los Angeles CA
    i have the rcom 20 and there is only one thing that i dont like about it, it only holds 20 egs, get an octagon 40

6. thepetpaw

Jul 27, 2008
    Tennessee
    Thanks to both of you for your answers - this is the best way to figure out if you want to buy something...I really appreciate yall's help!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by