Anyone using this brand of bator?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by batchhatchin, Nov 6, 2014.

1. batchhatchin

batchhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2014
    North central Texas
    [​IMG]
    Wondering what the word is on these? Anyone use one? If so how did it do?

2. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    Lots of people have been discussing those lately. Janoel is the brand. From everything I've read they hold humidity very well but temps are a different story. One person I talked to said they had to work a lot of bugs out at first but once they got everything calibrated properly it did fairly well. I don't have a personal story to offer you sorry. I've been interested in them too because of the price so every time I see reviews on them around here I read through.

3. batchhatchin

batchhatchin Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2014
    North central Texas
    I picked one up on amazon for $95 with free shipping. Just wondering if I wasted my money on junk or not. I don't mind tinkering on it til it's right as long as it's reliable after it's set up and running.

4. Sustained

Sustained Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 17, 2014
    Oregon
    As long as you don't mind taking the time to calibrate everything, as far as I've read they're a decent incubator. Especially for the price.

5. no1dumbbreeder

no1dumbbreeder New Egg

Nov 7, 2014
    Yes. Just purchased this incubator two months ago. Thought I had checked everything out before using it and was sadly surprised. I only used one temperature gauge in my check. It was also off. My advise is to use two checks on temp and humidity. I purchased an inexpensive indoor temp/humidity digital gauge and a lab grade temp. only gauge. This can be done for about $25. You can check these two against your home heating system. Mine where both off 1 degree to the low side. This gave me a base. Using these two, I discovered that the temp was off 4-5 degrees on the low side. The humidity was almost dead on. I have now recalibrated the machine and in the process of rechecked it. Another problem with this machine is the hole for adding water only allows water into one side of the incubator. At lockdown, make sure you fill both channels before you put the eggs back in. I would purchase this machine again, but would do much more checking before I used it. In general., I like this machine. Hope this helps.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by