1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

anyone w/ turkens?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Chick_in_Indiana, Mar 2, 2008.

1. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    Can anyone tell me what color she will be. Does anyone have pics. I've only seen what that had in the hatchery magazine. Is there any good websites? thanks a bunch, Krista[​IMG][​IMG]

2. scgamecock

scgamecock Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Conway SC
    I want to say buff as I have one but the wing feathers don't look like that.Interesting. [​IMG]

3. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    they said they have a varity of colors but it doesnt go into detail. you dont know what color you are getting when you order and in my case not even when they get here.[​IMG]

4. Kev

Kev Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2008
    Sun City, California
    It seems quite a lot of hatchery stock turkens are buff with black tails, or red with black tails. The hatcheries supposedly(and state so) they deliberately mix up the turkens for a "variety of color" or something like that.

I'm also tempted to say it's a buff or red but the wing feathers is making me think twice.

Cute baby, whatever color she is! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by