1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone waiting on chicks???

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by shuizar209, Nov 11, 2010.

1. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    I just ordered from a breeder. I cant wait. They should be hatching this weekend sometime. I paid for express so maybe tuesday. I ordered 15 French black copper marans and she said whatever is left over is mine. I guess she does this for the last buyer of the batch. Wahooooo. Could be getting blue/black/splash orphingtons, some more FBCM, or blue maran....... This seller is so cool. Just may buy from her everytime..... [​IMG]

2. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    I am!! :) I ordered some day olds from a fellow BYCer!! They shipped out on Wednesday and the estimated date to arrive is tomorrow...well...today (Friday...don't ask why I'm up at this hour lol) I can't wait...Will def. post pics when I get :-D

3. shuizar209

shuizar209 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2009
    Riverside
    Cant wait to see pics! Ill post as well. What breed(s) you get?

4. catdaddy66

catdaddy66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Lugoff, SC
    I am not actively waiting on chicks, but i am PATIENTLY waiting on chicks! [​IMG] [​IMG]

My wife said no to any indoor brooding but she knows me pretty well and that means I WILL have chicks again, sooner rather than later! Just biding my time... [​IMG]

5. walbarbsa

walbarbsa Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2008
    Castroville, Texas
    I'm waiting for the "surprise pullets" from Ideal. I'm expecting them a week from today...about 13 of them. I haven't used Ideal yet but decided I'd give the Texas hatchery a chance since I'm "down the road a piece". I so wanted to share photos with you all but am not having any luck downloading pictures from my camera. [​IMG]

6. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    I just ordered my first ever batch today! I ordered frizzle Cochin assortment and Silkie assortment from Welp. Not knowing exactly what I'm going to end up with is part of the excitement! We have pretty much finished our run and coop adjustments, just need to cover the run. It's still in the high 70's here, the nice weather helps working outside. Hubby is leaving next week for business, he will come home to a surprise.......30 (hopefully all will make it!) chicks in the house! [​IMG]

7. kburen

kburen Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    5 Frizzle EE, 1 Frizzle NN, and 1 Blue Maran :-D Didn't make it in today BOOOO! :-( But I will be arriving at the post office at or shortly after opening in the AM to get them!!

8. chicken-owner-31

chicken-owner-31 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 7, 2007
    NV
    Did anyone get them in yesterday (Saturday?) I got an e-mail telling me I was going to get an e-mail with the delivery date, haha! Expecting that e-mail on Monday morning, hopefully telling me that I can expect them Wednesday! I have to stop by my post office and let them know they are coming, they are going to laugh at me, I'm sure! (They know me well because I have to pick up all packages there and it's a small town post office.)

I'm going to pull the old brooder out and hose it off today so I can pull it in the house and be ready. REALLY wanting to get these chics ASAP! [​IMG]

9. secuono

secuono Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Virginia
    Where are you guys finding members who send out chicks?

10. firsthouse_mp

firsthouse_mp Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 13, 2009
    NorthernCal
    I fall goes well, my chicks will be sent Monday. I have a very small batch to be mailed so I am a bit worried [​IMG]
    Did you get your chicks Saturday???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by