Anyone Wanna Play A Hatching Game?!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by vintage00gypsy, Jul 19, 2011.

1. vintage00gypsy

vintage00gypsy Out Of The Brooder

Jun 22, 2011
    Itasca County Minnesota
    hmmm no one liked my idea. i hate being a newbie. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2011
  2. quintinp

quintinp Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 22, 2010
    Southern Oklahoma
    Quote:[​IMG] Don't worry I felt the exact same way. Now I have a few BYC haters, for a thread I posted about hobos being scary. It wasn't even that, it was a story about my silly little brother thinking that hobos were monsters, (NOT KNOWING WHAT HOBOS WERE) he freaked out at the mere mentioning of a "hobo." Any way, I have found that posting topics that really catch attention get replies. Ex; Instead of posting a thread that says "chicks hatching," you could post "***PICS*** PICS*** my chick is about to pop out." And including pics with almost every thread will get replies. I felt the exact same way as you do. But always look in the (Google custom search) in the top right of the forum, whenever you need to get an answer for a question. Asking "newbie" questions get annoying to some people, and the people who can help you usually dont care to answer questions that could be searched up in the search bar.

3. helen8_11

helen8_11 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 20, 2009
    Soquel, California
    I know right...

4. vintage00gypsy

Jun 22, 2011
    Itasca County Minnesota
    i thought it was a good idea. and then like 40 ppl read it and obviously didn't think the same way bc i didn't even get an answer. i generally do not post newbie questions (except when the post we are supposed to be looking for answers in is filled with comments irrelevant to the topic and you have to wade through a million pages to find an answer LOL)

i was going to delete the post but couldn't figure out how. lmao.

so i edited it instead.

as soon as i figure out pictures i will post pictures everywhere. all the time. :eek:)

thanks for the advice

5. loopy119

loopy119 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    What's the hatching game? I have a bunch of coturnix quail and 8 f1 olive egger eggs due to hatch Monday or Tuesday!

6. vintage00gypsy

Jun 22, 2011
    Itasca County Minnesota
    bahahaha so all I had to do was delete the initial post. shoooot. i can't believe i didn't think of that sooner. [​IMG]

I am planning a new incubator batch next week and thought it would be fun to put eggs from ppl on the forum in there (yes, i would pay for them, said that originally - i am not looking for handouts lol)

Thought it would be fun to see who made it and then post pics and try to figure out who's is who's.

maybe have the egg numbered so we know who's it was but no one online knew...

something like that. i was asking for suggestions on how to do it.

7. Time-Out

Time-Out Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    The Peak District, UK
    I don't think I even saw your original post! They quickly get moved down the line here with all the new topics.

8. loopy119

loopy119 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 19, 2009
    Dayton, TX
    I have some Marans x EEs and a mix of coturnix quail I could collect. I would say silkies, but i'm growing out some amaraucaunas with them, and some are roos, so pureness isn't gauranteed right now. [​IMG]

9. Shauna's Silkies

Shauna's Silkies Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2011
    Ireland :D
    I have 7 silkies hatching im waiting on day 23 and nothing!!!
    hopefully tomorrow!! [​IMG]
    wish me luck haha
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. 1AcreRooster

1AcreRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Shauna's Silkies :

I have 7 silkies hatching im waiting on day 23 and nothing!!!
    hopefully tomorrow!! [​IMG]
    wish me luck haha
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Good Luck!​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by