1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone wanna see a blizzard?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Frosty, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
  2. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Nope...

Don't need to see a blizzard...I was in it!

3. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    It just clipped the Minot area, apparently it's hitting the eastern edge of the state worse than we got. Had to go out for important stuff like barn cat food, our visibility was a bit better than they have. Interstates out there are still closed.

4. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    I had heard they had a big pile-up...

My friend in EWA called last night and said she heard there was a 100 car pile up in ND...then she said she didn't think there were 100 cars in ND...funny...LOL

BTW...I was just teasing you about the video...I have seen and shoveled enough snow this year, and it is not even January!

5. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Ha! There are so 100 cars in ND! This is the short cut from MT to MN! [​IMG]

Some reports say there were only 30 some in the pile-up, the rest were just off the road. Gotta love shoveling when the wind just puts it right back... How much do you guys have on the ground? Think we have 20" or so... Stay warm!

6. HarlansHollowFarms

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:We have about 24", but it has been building since Nov.!

Day before yesterday we plowed 6 foot drifts out of the drive, yesterday we shoveled 2 more feet out of the drive and this morning there were 2 more feet in the drive!!! Sucks when it dosn't even need to snow to get snow LOL [​IMG]

Yeah, stay warm..it is supose to be cool the next couple days!

Thank goodness I am off, I go back to work Sun. and it is going to warm up..( I work outside..so 20 is a heatwave!)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
  7. Frosty

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Gotta love the wind, huh?

What kind of work do you do outside?

Wanna bet ND will be in the news again in the spring? Slough ponds that were normally down pretty far in the fall are still full. Ground is saturated, and there isn't really anywhere for the melting snow to go. There are going to be floods if you ask me...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by