Anyone wanna swap eggs for veggie plants for my garden?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by hazelton farms, Feb 25, 2008.

1. hazelton farms

hazelton farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Prefer someone on this side of the MS. I'd like to have the started plants within the next three weeks. Do you have what I need? If so, I'll trade you my Buff orp. eggs for your veggie starts. [​IMG]
    Looking for more broccoli (not a lot more), started lettuce types, tomato plants, sweet peas and green beans (although I'm not sure those come as starts?), started herbs of lots of diff. types, squash, cukes, peppers. We're pretty much wanting to plant as much as we can fill the garden with this year. So if you have some extra starts available in the next three weeks and want to trade, let's make a deal! [​IMG]

Email is best, [email protected]

Stacy

2. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    jeesh!!!!!! [​IMG] we have two feet of snow on the ground !!!!

Most of my hens arent even laying yet!!!!

lucky you!!! [​IMG]

3. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    Lucky YOU! You gotta have snow!
    We moved down here from Maine (got to live there for three years, DH is in the Navy). It was awesome! But, no gardens till nearly June up that way! It sure is one of the most beautiful areas of the country though.

Stacy

4. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    We palnt a huge garden, also... and I can or freeze very thing..... last year we planted 40 pepper plants and 60 tomatoes... This year will be more, because we have already used up all the salsa, spag sauce, ketchup and pizza sauce and relish I made...

I just started my pepper and tomato plants... will plant peas next week and potatoes planted by march 17th..

best to plant your peas, beans and cukes by seeds..

5. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I can not imagine planting that many tomatoes!! We planted 9 big ones and 4 small ones last year where we'd had the chicken tractors! Oh man were we overwhelmed! I gave them away all over the neighborhood and gave tons to the birds too!
    I never learned to can, but I am thinking I'm going to start trying this year. Sure hate to waste them. We'll probably plant as many again this year. Been dumping the bunny poop on the garden this year. [​IMG]
    I can't WAIT to get started!
    Thanks for the tip about the beans, peas and cukes. [​IMG]

Stacy

6. Sunny Chook Farm

Sunny Chook Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2008
    Your Welcome... I think once you can something from your own garden, you will be hooked... It's so rewarding....
    chicken and rabbit poo end up in our garden too . Don't know if you drink coffee and tea , both here, I save all the grounds and mix it w/ potting mix for plants...

7. hazelton farms

Jan 4, 2008
    NC
    I haven't been saving tea grounds, but I do put the coffee grounds around the blueberry plants for the extra acid. Never thought of mixing it in the potting soil. Good one! [​IMG]

Stacy

8. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Quote:Have you heard of Johnnys Seed Co ? My sis and her hubby own that place. Up Albione way [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by