Anyone want 2 adorable, sweet baby goaties in SE Ohio?? Yes you do!!!!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Nupine, May 28, 2008.

1. Nupine

Nupine Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Ok, here is what they are. They are twins, a wether and a doe. They are currently 2 months old, and almost weaned.
    They are 3/4 nubian 1/4 alpine, and the doe can be reg. as 50% grade nubian.
    Bella-She is a common nubian color, a light tannish orange with black and white trim.
    Blu-He is a more unusual color, blue roan[blue with white flecks throughout his coat] with black and white trim.
    They are BOTH polled!! The dam is my doe Daisy, she is red roan. The buck was banded 5 weeks ago, and has almost sloughed off. They are dam raised, which is the way I prefer to do it. Both the sire and dam are CAE neg. Blu is very tall and lanky, and walks on a lead like a dream, he is very, very sweet, and should make a fantastic pack goat. He walks right up to you and jumps on you and gives kisses!! Bella is a little more shy, but is getting better. The doe should mature at around 110-120, and the wether a little more. Besides a little diarrhea from Bella a couple weeks ago from probably overeating, they are as healthy as a lark. Before they go, they will be wormed and vacc., they are too young now. Milk wise: The dam Daisy, my first goat from a sale barn, has a small, but very even udder. Because she has two hungry kids on her, don't milk her. Bella should make a fair family milker. Her sire can be seen at www.morningmistherd.com and is Rudy. If she is bred to a purebred nubian [reg. of course] her kids would be 75% grade nubian. But she could just be a pet. Now, I am a complete animal lover and vegetarian, so here are my rules to the buyer: THEY CAN'T GO FOR MEAT!!!!!!!!!! Got it? They also can't be tethered unless for like an hour to eat some grass or brush, completly supervised, on a cool day, with water and shade. Got that? And lots of food, shelter, etc. of course. And I would prefer you don't sell them.[​IMG] They have been tatooed. If you want the doe registered, she will be registered as Herd on the Hill Bella[seller chooses], but you can call her whatever you want. They have nubian ears, just a tad shorter with more movement and expression. Hoofs will be trimmed. Their dam has produced 3 does and 1 buck so far and she is only 2 and a half. Easy kidder too. She will probably never be bred again as we are really focusing on our show string of alpines. You can see her last year's doelings. If you want pics, just tell me and I can send them via email. They are cuties. We are located in South Eastern Ohio near Woodsfield, Barnsville, and St. Clairsville in Monroe County. Very close to New Martinsvill and Moundsville in WV. Prices-$115 for the wether and the unreg. doe and $140 for the wether and the reg. doe. You must take them both and love them both.[​IMG] If you want show records from the county fair I can tell you. You know you want them!!
    Ashlyn

2. chickenlisa

chickenlisa Invincible Summer

Apr 9, 2007
    Ashlyn, I can't get the goats, but I've tried to PM you twice. Your inbox is full. I'd love to get some of your Sultan eggs if your birds are standard size. Please clear out some of your inbox and PM me? I've got a few questions for you.
    Thanks [​IMG]
    Lisa

3. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Anyone? They are extra cute!
    Ashlyn

4. mangled

mangled Chillin' With My Peeps

Nupine, what's your zip code? I'd like to see how far you are from us.

Thanks-
    Em

5. Nupine

Nov 21, 2007
    Ohio
    Please, please, please someone!![​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by