Anyone want a free chicken or 2.

Pootersmama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
New Jersey
Hi all,

I live in northern NJ and am very new to backyard chickening. I have a small coop and ended up with 6 chickens.
The last 3 were 1 more than I really wanted and I am finding a flock of 6 is too many.
Not to mention the newer 3 are way bigger than the original 3 and they are mean to the smaller birds. I have a leg horn I would like to see go to a good home and possibly a Red Star. They were hatched in mid March. Any takers....

FF

Songster
10 Years
Jan 9, 2010
Tennessee
wouldn't mind taking them but you are about 1000 miles from me. Would you deliver?

Me & My Peeps

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Western MA
I would love to have them but 5 hours is quite far. Can you mapquest from your location to Palmer ma? Im only 1-1/2 hrs from NYC depending on time of day and traffic on 95.

Pootersmama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
New Jersey
Me & My Peeps...According to map quest you are 188 miles from me. 3 1/2 hours (mapquest does over estimate time). Up to you, I would love her to go to a good home.

Me & My Peeps

Songster
9 Years
Apr 26, 2010
Western MA
How many you looking to rehome again? 188 miles X2 = 376 miles round trip and a day in the truck divided by "X" chickens............any of them laying yet? That would certainly sweeten the pot

Pootersmama

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 1, 2010
New Jersey
They have not started laying yet (they may be close to the age though)....as of right now 1 definate, I would have to think about the other/red star....

As far as flock managment, I have a Maran and 2 Silkies I am keeping, they are still young and the original 3. We added 3 others, the leghorn, a red star, and a golden laced wydonette. The hubs is partial to the wydonette. I want to tip the balance so they don't attack the smaller chickens. I think the coop is too small for all 6. I really only wanted 5, but the person who gave them to me talked me into taking 3.

hithere753

In the Brooder
9 Years
Jun 19, 2010
Hi, I am in Southern NJ near Cherry Hill and am interested. Are the 2 chickens still available?

Top Bottom