Anyone want to diet/eat healthy with me until Christmas?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by BeardedChick, Dec 4, 2008.

1. BeardedChick

BeardedChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Support team? Anyone?

First, list your goals & plan.

Second, check in each day and say how you are doing sticking to your plan.

My plan is to simply cut out some extra carbs and eat more veggies and lean meat - NO high carb foods for dinner, fewer carbs at breakfast, have a balanced lunch, stay off ALL junk food, and get a little more walking in.

2. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Sure, I'm in. My goal is very little sweets and small portions. I'm diabetic, so it's better for me anyway.

3. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I'm with ya. These kinds of posts gets me motivated. Two days ago I started the "cut out the junk and stay away from the pantry after dinner" rule.

And be really good thru Christmas, then be really serious starting in January. My goal? Lose that lousy 10 pounds that seems to love me so much. [​IMG]

4. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Um, no thanks [​IMG]

ETA: Great idea, but this office is FULL of stuff to good to pass up this time of eyar.....

Last edited: Dec 4, 2008
  5. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Hey Debi, can I send you my almost full bag of Lindt white chocolate truffles? It keeps calling to me and I'm trying to skip snacks and do portion control. I gained three pounds the two weeks I tried the five-a-day (fruits & veggies) plan!

6. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

White Chocolate is an oxymoron.

7. curliet

curliet Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2008
    west Michigan
    Well, yeah I want to! But, I probably won't as there will be too many goodies that we only get at this time of the year. If I don't eat them now I won't get them at all. haha But thanks for asking tho.

8. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Quote:Yeah, yeah, yeah, blah blah blah, I've heard it before! I don't care, just ooze it into my veins one lucious drop at a time!!!!!

9. Fudgie

Fudgie Hatching Queen - Got Fudge?

I would love to have a support team! I need all the help I can get....Ok people this is my last pepsi this week!!!! I already opened it and I cannot throw away good pop! I am weak! [​IMG]

Goal #1) drink more water less pop and tea!
    Goal #2) get under 200 lbs which is only like 12 lbs oh crud, I just told you all what I weigh! URGH!
    Goal #3) stay away from the sweets on file cabinet row!
    Goal #4) get better at planning dinner so it is done by 6:30 instead of 9:00 LOL [​IMG] Oh come on, everyone does that don't they! I do chores first. Then fix food!
    Goal #5) get more organized and stay on track...

Hey this could be the before new years resolution thread too!!!!

10. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    JMajors, that sounds like what all of us need to do. In a nutshell. A perfectly uncrackable, impossible nutshell. Sigh.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by