1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone want to get into shape this summer?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Missouri chick, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Missouri chick

Missouri chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    I'm not quite sure we're allowed to start this (PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT ISN'T OK) , but lets challenge each other to shape up, loose a few pounds, and get healthy (for those who need it). [​IMG] Successes will be rewarded with praise. [​IMG] Slip ups and failed attempts [​IMG] will be respected with encouragement. :aww Some times it's easier with people who you don't see face to face on a daily basis. Everyone use the honor system, but if you don't no one will truely know that but you. We can share tips and ideas. [​IMG] Anyone game????

2. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    ME! I've never done something like this before, but I'm tired of doing so well with my exercises, loosing weight and then stopping my exercises and gaining it all back. Let's do this!

I also think we will have better participation if nobody has to give their weight out. Everyone's body frame type and height is different, so what 160 pounds is to one person, might be different to another. My suggestion would to be just listing what we are doing to loose weight and get into shape and how many pounds we've lost. That way nobody feels bad! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  3. nutmeggie

nutmeggie Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Northern Michigan
    I'm game. I decided today I wanted to get serious again about losing some pounds. Other people always help. I started a journal today to record what I eat. That way if its bad for me I have to put in writing that I ate it so I'll be less likely to eat it. I need to start exercising though. I'm bad about it. I get all gung ho and then lose the motivation and slowly stop altogether.... [​IMG]

4. equine chick

equine chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 9, 2007
    pennsylvania
    I'm in with you. I lost 70lbs last year and was down to my ideal weight. I gained 20lbs since christmas and right now need a shove in the right direction.

5. yotetrapper

yotetrapper Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    North Central MS
    Im in too. Was planning on starting tomorrow. It's doubly hard for me LOL because I work in fast food. I really hope they allow this post to stay, I really think we could all help each other along.

What do you all do for exercise??

6. Missouri chick

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    gumpsgirl, good idea about not telling weight. we are all built differently.

7. apbgv

apbgv Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2007
    Iowa
    I keep telling myself I need to lose a few pounds, I do good for a few days then I eat everything. If I could just give up coca cola and no I am not drinking diet Yuck plus nutra sweet gives me a gut ache.

8. Missouri chick

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:70 POUNDS YOU ARE MY HERO GOOD JOB TO ALL OF US

9. Missouri chick

May 15, 2008
    Homer, GA
    Quote:have a tape to watch,work out on gazelle-SP? this is when I'm motivated to do it.

10. lizardz

lizardz Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Grass Valley, CA
    Okay, I'm in. Have been trying to get motivated to start up again after a long layoff, so it's time. Let's go!
    Liz

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by