Anyone want to hatch some of my eggs?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by m2wandc, Jul 9, 2010.

1. m2wandc

m2wandc Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2009
    I would like to hatch out a couple of my eggs, but as of right now we are at our limit for baby chicks and I don't have an incubator (yet) so I was just curious if anyone wanted to try hatching out some of my eggs and keep me posted on the baby chicks as they hatch, grow, etc...(hopefully as pets and not meat birds, but we know how that goes...roos are sometimes hard to home) [​IMG]

The daddy roo is a blue (but looks black) silkie
    #1 mama hen is a silver laced wyndotte
    #2 mama hen is a black sex link

Because the two girls lay in the same box, I'm not sure who's eggs are the bigger of the two...one lays relatively small eggs and the other lays big eggs.

ANYHOW, it might be an interesting looking chick? I'm not familiar with mixed breeds, but I know at one point in time someone was interested in our silkie/buff orpington eggs (that hen has since passed)

I'd be more then happy to mail (in the USA) a few eggs to someone in exchange for getting photo updates on their hatching and growing up process. [​IMG]

2. Denninmi

Denninmi Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Oh, bad timing -- I'd have been thrilled to try it, but I ordered 70 plus quail eggs and the "your parcel has been shipped" notification came through yesterday AM on my e-mail. That will fill my incubator. I doubt it will take long to get a few takers, though. Very generous of you.

3. Cattitude

Cattitude Chillin' With My Peeps

I'll take a few! I'm in the process of building small chicken tractors, so I'd be able to keep yours separate from the others and from the main flock. I have a dozen eggs coming from camelotfarms and they are likely to arrive near the same time, so they'd have hatching buddies!

4. sonjab314

sonjab314 Constant State of Confusion

May 15, 2010
    Missouri
    Count me in. I'll take some. Sounds like a really neat hatching project. I have a pretty good camera and won't mind sending you pics.
    ETA: They will not be meat chickens.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  5. aduplantis

aduplantis Out Of The Brooder

May 25, 2010
    I would LOVE 2. Count me in. I will take pics and keep you posted on their growth. My e-mail [email protected]

6. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    Do I need to ship them out over night mail or will priority mail be good?

I only get two eggs a day, so I will send them out as soon as I can, but unsure of how many I can send....

I'm really hoping someone can hatch out some of them, because I'm curious to see what they look like... [​IMG]

7. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    I'd love to get my hands on a few of those eggs! I've become a sort of hatch-a-holic. lol I am going into lockdown on a batch on June 17th, and am gearing up for one last batch. I can promise the babies would not be meaties....even roos. I wouldn't have a problem with paying S & H.

8. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    Since I only get one or two eggs a day from these girls, I have to stop the thread...those of you that have posted already or sent me a PM I will eventually get eggs too you...I will ship out what I can, when I can. [​IMG]

Is only getting two eggs a problem for anyone? (I'm concerned that if it takes 3 days to ship and 1 or 2 days to lay...then that's possibly 5 days before they are incubated...is that a problem??? how long can I 'collect' eggs before they MUST be in an incubator???)

I will ship out priorty mail when I do mail them and I will post here who I sent them to & when.

I am excited to see future photos of eggs, and hopefully chicks!!! [​IMG]

9. m2wandc

Apr 19, 2009
    Thanks to those of you that sent PMs and gave me information on timing etc...

I will start collecting the eggs, storing them small tip down, rotating them 3 times a day before shipping....I will be shipping priority mail (except for the one person that said they wanted to paypal $ for over night)

I will send you a message when your eggs are going out, so you can have the incubator ready....if anyone has eggs already in their bator and timing is critical please let me know. (post HERE, it's very hard for me to keep track on PM's because they don't have a running thread of the various conversations) Thanks [​IMG]

10. Lesalynn

Lesalynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2009
    Darnell, Louisiana
    I'll take eggs at any time convenient for you. I'd even be happy to pay S & H, just let me know.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by