Anyone want to hatch with. Today is the big day!!!!!!!!!! (thursday)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by SilkieChickenLover336, Apr 4, 2011.

1. SilkieChickenLover336

SilkieChickenLover336 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    I am getting my eggs either today or tommorow no matter what i will be either setting them april 8th!!!! anyone want to hatch with me?

Last edited: Apr 27, 2011
  2. AJsCityChicks

AJsCityChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    I will!! I just set my first eggs yesterday at 3:30, I've got 2 more to add to it today. This is my first time hatching eggs [​IMG] I'm going by the directions I found posted here. No water till day 18! I set Americuana and Coaching. not sure what the 2 I'm adding today are.

3. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    snt it egg-citing!

4. justmedr

justmedr Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2011
    Plant City
    I'll be here for the ride.. set 15 Serama Eggs this morning at 12 AM... [​IMG]

5. musicjengel

musicjengel Out Of The Brooder

Feb 1, 2010
    Northern IL
    I am getting/setting 24 eggs tomorrow (April 5). I'm getting the eggs from our university extension office so I'm not sure the breed (I forget every year). The incubator is stabilizing temperature right now and doing well.
    I'm in!

6. JuicyFatHead

JuicyFatHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    WNC
    Hello! I just set my eggs (14 from my chickens) on the 1st. It is my very first time incubating. I'm using a still air little giant. I would love to hatch with you! Are you going to candle them?

7. JuicyFatHead

JuicyFatHead Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    WNC
    Quote:WAIT! No water until day 18? I put water in mine the first day because I couldn't find any info in the packet (little giant still air)... should I take the water out!? I'm on day 4....

8. twinlights

twinlights Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2008
    Massachusetts
    I am in, but mine have been in for 7 days. I candled them yesterday and only one clear. I have 2 dozen Mille Fleur bantam Cochins and 4 Russian Orloffs. All from my own flock.

9. AJsCityChicks

AJsCityChicks Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2011
    I think you are fine if you added water per the directions that came with incubator. I bought mine used (styrofoam hovabator with fan and turner)without directions, and these are the first information links I found. AR is pretty humid... So I'm giving it a try. [​IMG]

I'm going by these links:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=14596-incubation-cheat-sheet
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/LC-DryIncubation.html

I'm using this site to calculate my hatch date:

http://www.catoire-fantasque.be/Farmyard/incubation-calendar.html

Any ideas on a homemade candler with a flashlight??

10. SilkieChickenLover336

Feb 16, 2011
    New Jersey
    YeaH i have some hatching buddies!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by