1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone want to hazard a guess what these are????

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by SGM, Nov 10, 2008.

1. SGM

SGM Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Ok, I ordered an assortment of bantams through a special at Ideal Poultry a few months ago. So they're now getting close to 3 months old.

I only kept 3 little clean legged pullets out of the assortment and 4 feather legged. The feather legged I've figured out and I'm pretty sure that 1 of the 3 clean legged is a Self Blue Old English.

What do you think these two are? The first one I'm utterly clueless on. I have no guess at all. She's sweet and friendly though so I'm keeping her for my mix bantam flock.

She has blue legs too...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And this one I'm guessing might be a bantam Ameraucana? She too has blue legs. Actually all 3 of my clean legs do. But this pullet also has the beard...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Any guesses?

2. Buckguy20

Buckguy20 OKIE MOSES

Apr 13, 2007
    Choctaw Oklahoma
    Two oegs and an Ameracauna is my guess.

3. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    Yeah I think she could easily be an OE too since she's the same size and build as the Self Blue one. What color would she be? Is she going to change as she molts? They're all 3 molting right now. The Self Blue just lost the last of her tail feathers. [​IMG] So hopefully they'll be nice and pretty soon.

4. WA23

WA23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 17, 2008
    Northwest WA State
    Easter Egger

5. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    The last one is a D'anver Pullet..

6. the1much

the1much Currently Birdless Hippy

first pics oeg and the others are EE's

edit cause i kant spell [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 10, 2008
  7. nicodemuschickenfan

nicodemuschickenfan Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 9, 2008
    Enid, OK!
    That top one is beautiful..

8. Laskaland

Laskaland ThE gRoOvY cHiCkEn

Aug 2, 2008
    Nebraska
    Wow, what adorable birds! Love them [​IMG]
    Good luck with them
    Christina

9. SGM

Aug 18, 2008
    Easley, SC
    They are very cool little pullets. I like them a lot. We got a pair of white cochins, red cochins and white D'uccles too in the assortment. The two cochin pullets have poor foot feathering so I got rid of the roos. The D'Uccles are cool. Don't know if they'll stay or not. For now they will. [​IMG]

The little buff pullet has black tipped feathers. I'm starting to wonder if she's mille fleur just without the full molt yet? Who knows.

10. Pine Grove

Pine Grove Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2007
    Lakeland, Ga
    No telling with Ideal, they are always crossing this and that trying to come up with different varieties..But for sure the last pullet in the pics is a typical Ideal D'anver......

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by