Anyone want to keep me company????

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by warmfuzzies, Aug 5, 2009.

1. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
  2. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    My dad always told me that if you could hear it and see it you were fine. And other than that not to worry. It helps when it gets a bit crazy out there.

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Well there is a tornado watch up for eastern colorado. Where are you? North or West of Lamar, I'd get in the basement.

The problems this evening will be in Eastern Bent County, Northern Prowers County and all of Kiowa County.

Anywhere near there... I'd get in a shelter. At the southern end of the line of showers I'd say there IS a tornado after evaluating the radar.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

Last edited: Aug 5, 2009
  5. HenPen

HenPen Songster

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    Quote:Oh not good....hopefully it will calm down. [​IMG]

6. Germaine_11.20

Germaine_11.20 Songster

Jun 6, 2009
    Idaho
    How bad is it?

7. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits...

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Be careful..is their anyplace to go? Do you have a basement, like Mahonri suggested? [​IMG]

8. AK Michelle

AK Michelle Bad Girl of the North

Mar 17, 2009
    Palmer, Alaska
    Right about now I'm really glad I don't live where I need to know how or where to read a radar.

Hold on tight, stay safe.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2009
  9. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    So now we don't know where she is... I'm certain that there isn't a 'Boondocks" CO. I just google earthed it...no such place.

And she's not answering back!

10. warmfuzzies

warmfuzzies Songster

Feb 15, 2009
    Boondocks, Colorado
    Quote:I like that a lot! I am weirdly scared of thunderstorms, especially tornadoes. I was born in Kansas, for crying out load! [​IMG]

I am also scared of the dark. But I just ran outside and took all my clothes off the line.... I am shaking a little bit. [​IMG] How crazy I am!! But nothing happening yet, only a LOT of lighntning.

We do have a basement, thankfully. everyone else is asleep, but if it gets bad I will get them up. Mahonri, we are actually west of Lamar, it is basically on us, just nothing yet. We are under tornado watches all the time, we dont head to the basement untill it is a warning. [​IMG]

I need something to eat. Anyone have any chocolate??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: