anyone want to see my SL polish with a haircut???

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by sonew123, Dec 12, 2009.

1. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    This is "Pastor Mike" this Fall-His top hat grew so much bigger than this and he could not see a thing! Runing into buildings-blind as a bat!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now I got brave and cut all his feathers off his head-he is so happy now-stand up tall now-crows up a storm and has been an angel ever since.
    [​IMG]

I realize he doesn't look SQ anymore but Ill take that knowing he is so much happier-Ill let it all grow back out now since he is in a coop with those 9 girls in the picture-no other roos to beat him up and those girls love him! I was putting him in a seperate pen with WC polish girls this weekend but Im thinking Ill leave him there for now-what do you think?

2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    I had to do that with one of my Golden laced Polish hens. She couldnt see where the food was. lol

3. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:oooh I want a GL Polish!!!

4. Zahboo

Zahboo Simply Stated

Feb 3, 2009
    Hope Mills, NC
    I think as long as you aren't showing him, it's only practical. Especially if your flock free ranges, no need for free hawk food. I always had a question though, could you put their top knot in like a hair band or something, not tight, just to hold it up? I wanted some polish but with those massive fros, I wasn't sure what could be done besides cutting.

5. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:you could and Ive heard of many trying it but for me-the thought of losing that dang rubber band over and over didnt bode well so a haircut that lasts a few months seemed better. No I dont show just sell his fertile eggs:)

6. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Well I think he looks just drop dead gorgeous! Feather trim and all!! And what, please tell, is that darling creature next to him? The small hen just covered in lovely speckles? I'd love to have one of those! Is she a bantam? Or is she just very young yet? If she's bantam, does her breed come in full size? I'd really like to know! Birds of that kind of coloring would do much better around our place with regards to hawk attacks! [​IMG] Please! Please! Tell me what she is!! [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Thank you so much0I do love him and to brag about him LOL....She is a bantam-miller fluer we call her "Einstein"-isnt she precious? She loves to be loved and cuddled-she is full grown 10 months old and she sings so pretty when she wants something!

8. Serrin

Serrin Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Oh, I should say so!! I want her!! I've come to the firm conclusion that at some point in this pursuit of beautiful birds, Mille Fluer's must be included! [​IMG] [​IMG] But, do they come in a full sized variety? I'm almost afraid to start including bantam sized chickens into our flock. I don't know as they'd do so well out here. Predators, you know. [​IMG]

But Einstein is just adorable! If that's what it takes to have girls who look like her, I just might have to make an exception...or two...or three...or four! [​IMG] Thanks for informing me as to what she is! I'm absolutely in love!!! [​IMG]

9. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    Quote:Oh, I should say so!! I want her!! I've come to the firm conclusion that at some point in this pursuit of beautiful birds, Mille Fluer's must be included! [​IMG] [​IMG] But, do they come in a full sized variety? I'm almost afraid to start including bantam sized chickens into our flock. I don't know as they'd do so well out here. Predators, you know. [​IMG]

But Einstein is just adorable! If that's what it takes to have girls who look like her, I just might have to make an exception...or two...or three...or four! [​IMG] Thanks for informing me as to what she is! I'm absolutely in love!!! [​IMG]

Haha-I live in the Heart of the Adirondacks where every kind of predator is around. She free ranged all summer with the rest of the flock Bantams and all-the litte ones never got hurt-I did however have a coon ( which is now gone) get 2 roos and a broody hen:-( now the fortsy are more secure. I hae alot of action going on on my property all SPring Summer and Fall and everyone watches out for my birds-EVERYONE! They buy my eggs and dont want anything harming them-I know that breed of bird is being used in "projects" I just dont know if it for a standard size-I would love it if I knew-

10. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Ohhhh! He's handsome!
    Now I want one. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by