Anyone want to split a STROMBERG order with me this spring? OR or WA?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Rare Feathers Farm, Dec 31, 2008.

1. Rare Feathers Farm

Rare Feathers Farm Overrun With Chickens

I thought my MIL would want to—but she doesn’t. [​IMG] They offer birds from select breeders (they are spendy, though!) I may consider McMurray for some of the breeds, but that's only IF I can find someone (or some people) to split an order with--I'm only wanting 5 or 6 birds...

Anyway--please let me know, ASAP. I've not booked any order yet--but I'd like to sooner than later just to reserve my breeds I'm "needing."

Thanks!

~Heather~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2009
  2. Rare Feathers Farm

I thought I should add that I'm in Okanogan, WA. I travel to Portland, OR several times a year and we have family in Eugene & Seattle. I'd be willing to meet you somewhere to give you your chicks, as well. [​IMG]

3. SilverM0on

SilverM0on Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 5, 2008
    Oregon
    i would if you happen to order wilandottes
    or a breed i like a lot... im in Or near bend
    what did you wanted to order

4. Rare Feathers Farm

Well, I'm ordering cochin pullets and maybe some others...you could order whatever you wanted to and we could ship the birds together. I guess I should have been more specific, sorry!

Do you ever travel to Portland? My parents come up every July 4th (from Portland) and could probably transport chicks back with them.

5. Rare Feathers Farm

I only want a few birds...and there is a $25 minimum amount, that's another reason I'm wanting someone else to order with me. [​IMG]

6. Rare Feathers Farm

Oh and McMurray has a 25 bird MINIMUM...

7. Rare Feathers Farm

I was thinking mid-June for an arrival date so I can make sure my coops & stuff are all completed by then! [​IMG]

8. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    If you ever come down into Oregon there is a hatchery in the town I live in (lebanon) that has many breeds, and you can buy as many or as few as you want. I bought one EE last year and am very pleased and will be getting my birds from them now. I don't think that they will ship birds. They are very helpful and are usually very quick to answer any questions. Here is a link to their site: http://www.lebanonhatchery.com/default.html

9. Rare Feathers Farm

I've been trying to contact them for months...I do not think they are a "real" hatchery. I think they contract with a larger one & then bump the prices of the birds. Also--they are not quite the quality I'm looking for...thanks though!

10. playswithfowl

playswithfowl One Earth!

Jun 18, 2007
    Oregon
    I have specifically asked them if they hatch all their own birds and she said that they have spent a long time building up so that they can offer this many breeds. I have met the lady and she is very nice and helpful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by