Anyone want to take a crack at these babies?

Mycookoonest

Songster
11 Years
May 29, 2008
Hudson Valley NY
I have no idea what hatched... LOL! I did get 5 barred rocks from MPC... so the others i have no idea...
013-1.jpg

I'm really wondering about the one with the brown stripe down the back!

I couldn't begin to guess at a breed but in my experience the yellow color with the dark brown stripe usually turns out to be a black breasted red color pattern, of course there are lots of possible genetic modifiers... it'll be fun to watch and see

Could it be a red cochin? I have partridge cochins and they are actually a solid red before they get feathers.

Last edited:
I don't know... they came to me by my sister in law... and she said they are a mix...

I guess when they get older I'll have to do more figuring out;). But that one did come out a green egg...

The one with the brown stripe and cute face looks identical to one of my EE at the same age. If it came out of a green egg that sounds like a prettty good bet it is an EE.

Last edited:
Oh trust me ------ you have no idea how much comes out!!!!!
gig.gif
And as they grow, all I can say is just watch your step. I use DE in my run every couplle days and in the coop and it does help to keep it dried up and makes clean up a breeze. I just go and rake the run every morning it only takes a minute to do.
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom