Anyone want to take a guess at sexing my Australorp chicks?

1Chick2Chick

Hatching
6 Years
May 1, 2013
I have three 2 and a half week old Australorp chicks one blue, and two black, one with white arkings on its face, one all black face.
I am struggling with the 'wait game', so decided to see if anyone wants to take a guess at the sex? ~
jumpy.gif

1muttsfan which one? There's one grey, one black with white on the face & one all black :)
& Thanku all for welcome messages!

The black one in the bottom left picture looks like it has a larger comb. The best picture for early sexing is a clear picture of the comb. You might try taking some more pics in a week or so and posting them in the section redsox gave.. Waiting longer will allow more accuracy.

You'll probably be able to tell better by the 4th week. A boy's comb will be redder and may grow wattles noticeably compared to others. At least that's what happened with my Australorp. He was supposed to be a girl, but he was very friendly and spunky from few days old. My other girls looked about the same until about 4th week, so you can't accurately gauge at least until then, but you may still not know for sure even then until clear evidences show up (hackles, saddles, eggs, crow....).

Welcome 1Chick2Chick, I have 2 black ones, 3weeks, hoping mine are hens. I have had good luck with my feed store so far. Just added one red sex link 12 days old. The two are taking good care of her. Yours are looking pretty cute.

Back
Top Bottom