Anyone want to take a guess at what breed these 3 chickens are?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cindersga, Jan 7, 2013.

1. cindersga

cindersga Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2012
    Covington, GA
    I'm sorry that some of this pictures loaded upside down. I tried everything to correct it but to no avail. Any help will be appreciated. They are 4 months old now and came from a Bantam Poultry show as eggs left in cages after the show was over and owners gone.

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LeJeune1

LeJeune1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Allen Parish, LA
    The black 1 resembles a game/EE. The buff 1 an EE/Favoroles and the last a white rock.

3. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    the black is an oegb pullet
    the buff is a mille fleur d'uccle pullet
    the white might be a white cornish or white rock but im not to sure on it and is a cockerel

none of them are mixes though...if they came from a show i would be jumping up and down with joy as they should turn out very very nice

4. LeJeune1

LeJeune1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 25, 2011
    Allen Parish, LA
    I agree that #3 is a Roo, but the comb looks straight which would eliminate him from pure Cornish, right? For the black hen, I forgot that black oeg have slate or black legs.

5. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    I agree with everything here. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I think the white is a bantam white rock. Weird, you almost never see that.

6. hdowden

hdowden Overrun With Chickens

Aug 14, 2011
    louisiana
    yea it would but the face just reminds me of a Cornishes it is possible but unlikely to be a Cornish mix more likely is a bantam white rock but i am not throwing out the mixed idea altogether. please do repost in about 2-4 months as i want to see how the white one has filled out as that will tell a lot about the bird and i really want to see the d'uccle in a few months as well by then she should have some of her spangles that create the milli fluer pattern.

7. cindersga

cindersga Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 12, 2012
    Covington, GA
    I thought the buff was maybe a bearded d'Anvers based on pictures. Thank you!!!
    I don't even know what a oegb is can you spell that out for me...sorry : / I have a mille fluer d'uccle and this one looks so different maybe a d'Anver? The white is a cockerel as it crowed yesterday for the first time! Thank you!!!
    Okay to ease your mind on that...the show I got these eggs from was a Bantam only show :) So are Bantam White Rocks rare? Thank you!!!
    The white, "Rocky", is on the smaller side so the bantam thing plus it coming from a bantam show would probably settle that. I will repost later although since "Rocky" is a cockerel I will probably not keep him. I have silkies and I have one Roo and two cockerels already and I don't have any pullets for "Rocky". The pullets I'm not worried about I'll keep them.

THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR HELP!!!

[​IMG]

8. Chickengirl47

Chickengirl47 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 7, 2012
    Louisiana
    OEGB stands for Old English Game Bantam. [​IMG]

9. ESofVA

ESofVA Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2012
    Keller, VA
    The buffs do look like mille fleur bearded D'uccles. Can you get a full height shot of them? Do they have "vulture" hocks? What do the feathers on their feet look like? Is the one you have a roo or hen? Sometimes it takes a while for the white spots to come in. BTW what are the spots called?

The roos are darker.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  10. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    Haha, rare enough that I've been on this site for a couple of years now, and that's the first time I've seen someone who has one. People usually have Rocks for nice bigg eggs and for meat. Making the breed a bantam kind of erases the most common uses of a Rock. But then again, cuteness often trumps function.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by