anyone want to talk about their chickens???

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mahsmaj, Jun 30, 2008.

1. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Lets talk CHICKENS!!! [​IMG]

2. Hello,
    Lets chicken talk. Where did you get your current chickens? How many do you have? And what is your plans for them this summer? [​IMG]

3. hdchic

hdchic Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    lol...isn't that what we do here at BYC? [​IMG] so...are you new to chickens? I am, but jumped in feet first with a whole slew of them. [​IMG]

4. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    Chickens? I'm way too busy to even think about chickens. What a ridiculous topic.

[for those who don't know me, I'm kidding, big time]

5. Psittizen Shikkin

Psittizen Shikkin Songster

Jun 14, 2008
    Oroville, California
    My shikkins look bored. :|

6. hdchic

hdchic Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    [​IMG] rofl...I'm deeply sarcastic as well, and got a good laugh from that post!! [​IMG]

7. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    I bought my chicks from Farm & Home around march or april. I have 2 easter eggers, 1 buff orpington, 1 rhode island red, 1 broiler, and 3 white pekin ducks.I plan to feed them lots of watermelon this summer because summers in Hannibal Missouri can get very HOT!!! If you would like to see pictures just ask. I have pictures of all my birds so just say which ones you want to see! [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 30, 2008

8. hdchic

hdchic Songster

Apr 12, 2008
    IL
    Ok, so you are in Hannibal? wow, small world!! I'm just up the road from you in La Harpe, IL......

9. GRAM49

GRAM49 Songster

May 7, 2008
    Indiana
    I'll play - I got my first 6 BO's at a yard sale at the age of 6 weeks. And last Wed. I got my first mail order of 9 day-olds (mixed variety) from MPC. I am so excited. My hubby is into it and the grandchildren love them and it has taken me back to the wonderful childhood I had on a chicken farm. Many differences of course, but I am lovin' it. Gram

10. mahsmaj

mahsmaj Songster

Jun 25, 2008
    Hannibal, Missouri
    Quote:thats cool. maybe i could buy some of those from you??? [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by