Anyone want to try some turkey eggs?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by RAREROO, Sep 19, 2009.

1. RAREROO

RAREROO Overrun With Chickens

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    My Bourbon Red turkeys are pretty much at the end of their breeding season and fertility was getting really low and I haven't tried to hatch any in at least 2 mos, but my 3 hens are still laying fairly well and my family for some reason doesn't like to eat turkey eggs, (we always have plenty of chicken eggs) and I don't like to see them go to waste. So if anyone would like to hatch any I will sell some but only with at least 6 chicken eggs of the following breeds: Speckled Sussex, Barred Rocks, BSLs, or an assortment of these. Also on the turkeys, I do have buff genes in my flock, so some buffs may hatch too.

The price for the chicken eggs will depend on the breed, quantity wanted, and shipping cost.
    The turkey eggs will be a flat $5.00 for what ever I have on hand that is less than a week old.

As I said, for now I am only offering them with chicken eggs, but when fertility increases during next spring's breeding season, I will sell some by themselves.

If interested, please contact me with the breed and number of chicken eggs you want with them and your Zip code and I'll give you a price.

I will sell chicken eggs by themselves, you can go to my other post in the Hatching Chicken Eggs BST section to see prices for a doz and pics of my Sussex.

Feel free to contact me with any other guestions

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  2. dave3877

dave3877 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 16, 2007
    crockett, texas
    ill take you up on it how much for say a dozen of the sussex and as many of the turkeys you got shipped to 75835

3. cwhollars

cwhollars Out Of The Brooder

Jun 2, 2009
    Carthage
    what do you think the hatch ratewill be on the turkeys. and how much for the rocks? thanks clint hollars

4. gwennym

gwennym Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2008
    Edwardsville, IL
    Hi ... I'd be interested in 6 turkey and 6 sussex to 62025.

thanks -- Gwen

5. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    Thanks for your interest guys, I sent all of you a PM

Anyone else?

6. bmbetsy

bmbetsy Out Of The Brooder

May 21, 2008
    Southeast Texas
    If you have any more I would be interested. I only have one sussex left, lots of other chicks but she is the sweetest. I could handle six and six to zip code 77571. MY dh has already built another pen for the two turkeys that I have. I am thinking about just incubating all year long. My hen turkey quit laying about a month ago. I only got three live chicks from her eggs. I ordered other turkey eggs and none of them hatched. My chicken eggs do just great. I have about forty little ones running around

Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
  7. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Do you have any left?

8. RAREROO

Jul 22, 2009
    Alapaha, Ga
    momma's chickens :

Do you have any left?

Yes I do, I get at least one a day and I have several saved up already and I haven't had any definite takers yet, so please contact me if you are interested and tell me what breed, how many and your zip and I'll get you a price.​

Last edited: Sep 22, 2009
  9. mamawolf544

mamawolf544 Unbreakable Heart

Apr 29, 2009
    alvarado, Tx
    Hi'
    Interested in the Sussex (6) and turkeys. 76009
    Thanks
    Terri

10. momma's chickens

momma's chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2008
    Idaho
    Thanks for the pm, I pmed you back, will be out celebrating my grandma's 89th birthday but will respond as soon as I get back! Thanks!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by