Anyone wanting Golden Comet or Road Island Red hatching eggs...?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by monarc23, Dec 30, 2008.

1. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    $20 for a dozen which includes shipping costs- UPS with tracking #.

Golden Comets are known as great layers, who mature extreemly fast, and are cute to boot! They are sex-linked so at hatching you can tell males from females just by their color (males are yellow at hatching, hens are red).

Road Island Reds are such gorgeous birds in my oppinon! [​IMG] They lay nice dark brown eggs, that are on the decent size, and some of these birds lay double yolkers!

You can get a dozen of one, or the other, or 6 of one and 6 of the other whatever you'd like we can do!

I accept money orders or cashiers checks. Birds are laying 2 dozen a day, so order anytime and I'll mail them out on mondays/tuesdays or wednesdays and will contact you with the tracking number once I recieve it.

Great birds for egg laying. I have my own batch in the bator now (even a double yolker) can't wait to see the lil cuties!

PM me for address. [​IMG]

Niki

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

Question on the sexlnks. What is the breed for the hen you are using and what is the breed for the rooster you are using to make your Golden comets?

3. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Road Island Red Rooster X White Leghorn Hen

They're also known as a red sex link, red star, etc.

4. SamG347

SamG347 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2007
    PA
    Do you have any pictures of chicks you have hatched from your sexlink eggs?
    Thanks!
    [​IMG]

5. monarc23

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    Quote:Not yet, [​IMG] I'll be candling them on saturday, and they're due on the 17th [​IMG] Then I'll happily display pictures of the cutie patuties [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by