Anyone watch the show Dance Moms??

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by redhen, Feb 7, 2012.

1. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
  2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    I happened to watch it for the first time yesterday. I think I even saw the episode you linked to (didn't click)- was it the one where Brooke didn't go to competition so she could try out for cheer?

I thought it was insane that those moms let the dance coach treat their girls that way.

I was a competitive gymnast as a child, and had a couple of tough coaches, but only one rivaled Abby. Wow. [​IMG] I was also shocked over the screaming matches. Wow.

3. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    It has come on when I was doing something and had the TV on in the background. You are right, once you catch a show you just watch it, stunned.

What skills are these girls learning? That their value as people depends on how high they can leap? Do thy realize that it is extremely difficult to make a living as a dancer? What about the fact that intensive training wears their bodies out so quickly they will have physical issues by the time they are in their twenties? It seems to me it is more about the moms then the children.

And the arrogance of that trainer! The bullying she exhibits! I don't like it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by