Anyone watching Being Human?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickerdoodle13, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    It's a new show on Syfy. I have to admit it's pretty good! I was not expecting that for a Syfy show being I typically find them kind of silly. This one is both serious and funny. Anyone else watching it? Today is the second episode, but they just played the season premier at eight.

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    I am! Although this season seems a rehash of last season but different actors?

3. FarmerJamie

FarmerJamie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 21, 2010
    meh, I think I'm too old for it or it's too much of genre that has been pretty much beat to death the last two years....

Your mileage may vary.

4. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    I think it's a completely new show. Apparently the other one was the english version and now they are making a new US version.

5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Quote:Yes, whole new show for the US market.

I really enjoyed the BBC (English) version. Hope this one won't be too clevered up.

6. SillyChicken

SillyChicken Overrun With Chickens

Jan 12, 2010
    i liked it...

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    This is the rehash of the English version. Same plot but more human emotion is involved. They have the same fears we have when dealing with our dark side: acceptance, betrayal, not so sincere friends, leaving loved ones behind. Actors/actresses do a very nice job. I do miss the quirky English humor, though. I remember in the original show the girlfriend of the werewolf finally talked him into investigating the cure for his problem. They argue hotly for a few moments before he finally caved and said he would talk to this person with the cure. Her response: Not dressed like that you're not!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  8. feather and mountain man

feather and mountain man Corn fed Indiana farmgirl

Jan 17, 2010
    I have never seen the English version but I really like new spin to me on all the vamp, and warewolf movies.[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by