Anyone who keeps Cornish X as pets-only...

chicknhawaii

Songster
14 Years
May 15, 2008
Honolulu, HI
I just wanted to know if anyone has had success in keeping a single one as a pet. I do know one person who had a single Cornish X and she lived for 2 years.

I've been reading and getting depressed that our chick-chick may only live a couple of months but then I read in other places that they can live 7 years if cared for well.

And one more thing...if I got more, would they have to be full-grown or can I start from a baby chick (I'd rather not do the hatching, I don't have $ to purchase what's needed).

TY TY TY!

I had a turken /cornish cross rooster. He waddled when he walked and sat down alot when not eating. You could tell the cornish look, wide and heavy...
He could not roost so I fixed a carrier in the chicken barn and every night I put him up in it . He lived almost 2 years. I think his heart must have given out. I tried not to get attached because I thought he would die real young but I think he had a good life while he lived here.
I went to an auction Friday night and bought a young cornish that must have been taken out of a batch because he had gotten picked on. He still peeps like a baby..
I have a pen that houses the "socially challenged" ones and he fits right in. Matter of fact when he hears me filling the feed bowls he comes out of the little shelter to eat. He can move!! I named him Corn Cob.... lilchick

HOW CUTE!!!!! You're a great chicken-parent
big_smile.png

Chick-Chick's doing great, more active than others have said ever since I stopped free feeding and let her out. She can move too! WOW!
lol.png
She loves our sofa though.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom