Anyone who knows about welsummer/maran/EE I have a question.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by okiemamachick, Mar 18, 2015.

1. okiemamachick

okiemamachick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Hello my small flock consists of one welsummer rooster 4 EE (2 that are solid black and look just like an americauna I beleive it is *not the rumpless breed the other one lol*) and one that almost looks like a welsummer hen and the other EE is splash. As well as two leghorn hens. Now I get two white eggs a day as well as one olive egg and two light green eggs in various combonations the black hens are supposed to be olive Eggers and I'm not 100% sure who's giving me the light green eggs. I assume it's the other two EE but there is the possibility that one of the OE isn't giving olive eggs and obviously the white ones are the leghorns. Now I've said all that to say I hatched one of the olive eggs and it was a black chick wiyh some white and it had feathers along its legs and sides of its feet. I think welsummer roosters and black copper Maran roosters look very much alike. Is it possible he's part maran? Don't french BCM have feathered legs and feet? Or is feathered legs something to expect out of the mixes above? All the parent stock are clean legged. Any opinions are welcome I'm not sure of the parentage of the 4EE hens but the rooster was sold to me as a welsummer. I'm not mad or anything just curious! :)

Here's some pics of the parents
    Rooster (had his tail feathers yanked out by a dog)
    [​IMG]
    The brown EE and two OE and a leghorn

[​IMG]

and the splash
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Stuck back in the 40s Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I'm not sure of the parents but I had to clean legged breeds that hatched a chick and she has a feathered legs also. Wish I could help more!

3. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    That is helpful! You never know with chickens especially EE lol thanks for the reply!

4. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    *pics added*

5. okiemamachick

Jan 11, 2015
    Oklahoma
    Anyone?

6. okiemamachick