Anyone willing?---Pics Added---

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by allanimals21, Aug 7, 2010.

1. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Anyone willing to help me figure out what color my muscovies are? I got some new ducklings from this year and I don't know what color they are. I figured I'd ask before I took a bunch of pictures and got them on here.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

Really?...are you feeling okay?? get those pics up here and ill try to help! [​IMG] i just had 17 babies hatch this morning.. im in love all over again, lol.

3. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    YAY! ok here are some pics.

[​IMG]
    I'm pretty sure the most of these are choc, blues, blacks. This light one I don't have a clue.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    This is the same hen. Not a clue on her color

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Another hen who is just gorgeous!

Then this lil guy in the middle. I'm almost 100% sure its gonna be a drake. He is one of the biggest ducklings in here. Anyhoo all yellow with just those 2 dots on his head. Not that I need another drake. This will make 8. His name is Charlie
    [​IMG]

4. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Songster

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    I don't know much about Muscovy colors, but those guys are cute and those hens are gorgeous!

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

They're so purdyyyy [​IMG]

So the baby in the first pic is probably a Silver, I had a couple just like it this year and both turned silver after their juvenile molts, the drakelet is still getting hsi color in...slowly, but surely!

The hen in pics #2 & #3 is a BIG Blue Fawn.. boy she is a big girl!

The hen in pics #4 & #5 is kinda hard to tell... has she went through her jevy molt yet? she might turn silver, that's what color my drakelet is right now. she could just be another funky color too, you might have to wait a little longer to tell for sure but you're right, she's gorgeous!

I TOTALLY just had a baby hatch that looks just like that white one with the dots!! it came from my white hen so i am sure it will be white and probably, eventually, molt out the head spots. it is SOOOO cute though [​IMG]

6. D'Angelo N Va.

D'Angelo N Va. Songster

Dec 28, 2009
    I absolutely love getting on here and looking at those pretty little baby ducks..I want some so bad....maybe by this time next year..I will have some.

7. Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr.

Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr. Songster

Jul 23, 2010
    Ozarks
    Fawn is the other but like above said, could be silver otherwise.

P.S. is the spotted one crossed with something else like magpie or ancona?

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  8. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Thanks Bleenie. I love my pretty ducks!

Yea that one hen is a big girl. I love her though. I had 3 hens and 3 drakes left out of that hatch that I kept for myself. I hand raised them. Charlie is pure muscovy. I really really hope he is a white. I want a white so bad! I just wish he was a she. Like I said counting him I will have 8 drakes. Then I have 11 hens right now. I have to pick a few more out of my ducklings to keep yet. I currently have 36 ducklings. I will have to get pics of the new ones from today. I'm confused on their colors too.

9. Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr.

Mrs. BJ Hensley Jr. Songster

Jul 23, 2010
    Ozarks
    how do you know the gender of the babies??

10. allanimals21

allanimals21 Songster

Aug 27, 2009
    MN
    Their size is easy enough at a certain point. He is rather large compared to the rest of them.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by