Anyone willing to ship a silkie hen to CT?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by foxypoproxy, Aug 13, 2011.

1. foxypoproxy

foxypoproxy Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    Madison, CT
    I would really like a 1-2 silkie hens, i don't care if its a chick or if its fully grown, age is no issue.
    I can't find any in CT so maybe someone can ship to CT?
    All the hatchery's are out of Silkies hens and im desperate.
    Is there anyone who would sell and ship a silkie to me?
    It needs to be a hen, no roosters! i already have a roo and don't have the space or enough hens to place two.
    I don't need the silkie immediately because im building a coop so i would probably want it sometime in the end of September or later.

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    If you pm me I can send you some pullets at the end of September. I have two that are 2 weeks old and were found in my pen (mama hatched and they are being raised by the BBS clan). Shipping will be about $45 but the girls are always more than boys .

3. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]
    I live in CT and will most likely be culling some hens out in Sept. If I have any for sale I will bring them to the picnic on Oct. 1st at Luke 13:34's place. Does color matter? I also have a white beardless white girl that I know for a fact I will be selling her. All she does is go broody and Lord knows I have enough of them!!! lol She will be 2 yro in December.
    Quote:

4. Beth G.

Beth G. Gaetano Family Farm

[​IMG]

Here's a Picture of her. Her name is Snowy. She was shown by a youth at the Somers 4-H fair and won 1st place. She is very pretty and loves to hatch so if you don't mind a good broody this is your gal :Thumbsup

She is currently fostering 4 cochin chicks and I wouldn't be able to let her go for probably a few weeks.

5. stoopid

stoopid Chicken Fairy Godmother

Aug 3, 2011
    Long Island, NY
    How close are you to Bridgeport or New London ferry? I have a few silkies left, only 2 months old. Maybe by the time you are ready, we can be sure on sex. Roberta

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by