1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone with a Dec 7th hatch day?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Jeffross1968, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Jeffross1968

Jeffross1968 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Tomorrow is hatch day for us. 9 eggs from our own flock. All 9 made it to lock down, and we just had our first pip, on day 20!! From our EE girl. Anyone else want to join in?

Question...they've always pipped on the side, near the fat side top. This one is literally right at the top of the fat side of the egg. Is this ok?

2. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    A 2nd pip! Looks like we'll have some early hatchers!

3. ronniewayne

ronniewayne Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 7, 2011
    QUEEN CITY,CASS COUNTY
    hi Jeff
    i have some hatching tomorrow and thrusday...i noticed a couple of pips a while ago ...hope yours come out ok..happy hatching:jumpy

4. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Quote:Good luck to you too!!! This is the earliest we've ever seen a hatch, and much earlier than our last hatch where they all came out 2 days late.

5. brijay2

brijay2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 16, 2009
    Waddell AZ
    CONGRATS on the pips!!!!![​IMG]

6. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    So....how long can go between the first pip, and the last pip. We have 9 eggs, 2 pips, the 2nd pip happened 4.5 hours ago, and they are both a day early. You veteran hatchers...what's the longest you've ever gone between first and last pip?

7. michelleshenhouse

michelleshenhouse Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2009
    Slidell, La
    congrats!!! Mine are due on the 9th.

8. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    I just had one pip this evening.

[​IMG]

9. macdoogle2

macdoogle2 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2011
    San Diego
    Quote:I'm not a veteran hatcher by any means, but you say you have some early pips. I would guess you'll have some take the full time and some late ones as well. I've had all hatch within 2 days from start to finish.

10. Jeffross1968

May 14, 2011
    Smoky Mountains
    Our first to hatch was the 2nd to pip. First pip hasn't done much since. Also have a 3rd pip. 5 more haven't pipped yet, but it's only really been hatch day for 24 minutes [​IMG]

Here it is! From our brahma hen, feathered legs!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by