1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Anyone With Appenzellar Spitzhaubens? Question?????

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SandyC, Sep 10, 2008.

1. SandyC

SandyC Chillin' With My Peeps

I got 5 Sptiz chicks this spring and 3 are looking to be roosters. How well do the roosters of this breed get along? I hate to get rid of any of them, but I don't want them tearing apart the backs of my hens and fighting. I do have 8 other hens of other breeds too.

Thanks!

2. Blisschick

Blisschick not rusty

Feb 20, 2007
    Shepherd, Texas
    You might want to pm Allenwranch and ask her. She raises show quality APs. Here's a pic of some of her birds I took back in May.

[​IMG]

3. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    [​IMG]

My roosters get along with the girls and never had any problems with aggressiveness. Maybe its the bloodlines. Mine are from Ideal and the roos were from CarlaOk's stock. Now I need to get some of Allenwranch's hatching eggs next year! [​IMG]

4. yellowrose

yellowrose Out Of The Brooder

Mar 6, 2010
    Maquoketa, IA area
    I have 4 roosters and 7 pullets. I have not witnessed hostile behavior in any of them. I have seen them try mounting the females... the usual rooster treatment there.
    I got mine from Cackle in late March 2010.

5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Pictures please?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by