Anyone with experience with rouens.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by lovin my birds, Mar 26, 2011.

1. lovin my birds

lovin my birds Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Odessa, MO
    I just gave my 6 day old babies a bath and they of course loved it. There are two rouen and one khaki campbell. I have three ancona that are three weeks old and they took a swim with them. But anyway i had a question about the rouen. Do they dive? [​IMG] I know there are duck out there that dive but i didnt think that rouen did. But i could be mistaken. They are the only two out of the six that do it. The three older ones will sink themselves under the water for a half a second but these guys dive and follow the bottom of the pond. If anyone could give me info i would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Wifezilla

Wifezilla Positively Ducky

Oct 2, 2008
    Colorado
    They sure will dive. Check out Bungie the rouen diving for peas with his khaki buddy JJ.

3. 1234duck

1234duck Chillin' With My Peeps

I have a male & female Rouen, they both dive under water for fish & just because they are swimming & splashing around. I think its cute when they dive. They are pool hogs too. lol

4. Mikanik

Mikanik Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 2, 2011
    LOL...how funny that I stumbled upon this post! My rouen and cayuga (1-2 weeks old) had their first bath time fun yesterday and the first thing my rouen did was dive and swim along the bottom of the tub...not only once, but THREE times! She didn't even hesitate once she touched water..she was in dive mode! My Cayuga just paddled around having a good ol' time though. [​IMG]

5. Komaki

Komaki Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Even at 6days old, my Rouens were like torpedos.[​IMG]

6. DuckiesAndBees

DuckiesAndBees Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    That's funny, because I gave my three duckies a bath last weekend and the two pekins were diving like crazy, but my little rouen didn't seem to like the water at all and wouldn't put his head in. He might just be too little because he was only about 5 days old. Anyway I'll try again because I had to take him out and of course the other two wouldn't have any fun without the last little guy! [​IMG]

7. Komaki

Komaki Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    Even at 6days old, my Rouens were like torpedos.[​IMG]

8. cdnley

cdnley Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2010
    My Rouen loves to dive! Our pond is 10ft deep so he can really dive to his hearts content!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by