Anyone with honeybees, a garden and advice

Birdsong 82

Free Ranging
6 Years
Aug 17, 2017
Virginia
Every year as I’m sure we all do fight those invasive of pests in the garden. The worst ones for me are the horned tomato worms, squash bugs and aphids. I had a small Japanese beetle problem last year got Neem oil and it got rid of the squash bugs and the Japanese beetles. Well most of the squash bugs but all the Japanese beetles. I’ve read it doesn’t hurt bees if you spray in the evening but I’ve also read it does. I’m looking for a way without chemicals to control pests in my garden without killing bees. Because in June we are starting our first try at honeybees.

I have a feeling if I get Guineas and let them in my garden it will give my chickens the idea. If the door to the garden is closed my chickens won’t mess with it even though I’m sure they can get over the fence. But if they see Them in there Good idea though. I wish I could let my chickens in my garden to get the box but I have a feeling they will destroy my plants along with the bugs

Every year as I’m sure we all do fight those invasive of pests in the garden. The worst ones for me are the horned tomato worms, squash bugs and aphids. I had a small Japanese beetle problem last year got Neem oil and it got rid of the squash bugs and the Japanese beetles. Well most of the squash bugs but all the Japanese beetles. I’ve read it doesn’t hurt bees if you spray in the evening but I’ve also read it does. I’m looking for a way without chemicals to control pests in my garden without killing bees. Because in June we are starting our first try at honeybees.
When you figure out a way to get rid of aphids let me know ! Those little guys are immune to everything !

I made a list of certain flowers and herbs and what pests they keep away. I made a little fortress around my veggies depending on the big I attract. I’ll let you know how that works. I hate aphids. They’re impossible sometimes
When you figure out a way to get rid of aphids let me know ! Those little guys are immune to everything !

I would love to blast mine with a hose but I actually believe it or not I don’t have a hose. Because I have no outdoor water connection to my house. Try to get one but the plumber told me it would be over $700. So as much of a pain in the rear as it is I work with my indoor faucet in 5 gallon bucket’s. I’m also afraid to much force would kill the vegetable plants. Sounds like a great idea for an orchard though

Back
Top Bottom