Anyone work at home?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Chickfever, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Chickfever

Chickfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    If so, what do you do? I need a job that I can do part time for some extra income. I'd need late or weekend hours so that I wouldn't have to pay a babysitter, just have dh watch the kids. Any ideas?

2. Queen Scoot

Queen Scoot Crochet Chieftess

May 27, 2008
    HOOKERVILLE!!!
    glad you asked this!!!! i would like to work from home also...have heard about those online jobs...but most are scams from what im told

3. Rhett&SarahsMom

Rhett&SarahsMom Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2008
    start your own daycare? I got my license. But honestly in my city/state I think the "license" is a scam in itself.

I do emails part time for my husbands company. But it isnt steady. So, since my dd is going to KG this fall. I am going to get(hopefully) a part time job and see if I can make some $$ off my fudge and crafts.

4. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    I had honestly thought about daycare, but after having my 5th child, the idea sort of went out the window [​IMG]. Not that I think I couldn't take care of more kids, it just makes dr's appts and stuff a little harder. Plus, we are REALLY involved in football [​IMG].

I'd like to find a "project" for a website to sale stuff but I don't know what people want.

5. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    when I told my MIL about my new project(online stuff. Not quite ready to go) She looked at me and said "In this economy no one is going to be buying stuff like that"

Maybe they wont. But It relaxes me to make it and who knows. Maybe people will buy "stuff like that" People are still going to be needing Christmas gifts. And I know people are still getting themselves "treats"

6. holliewould

holliewould Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2008
    Planet Earth
    I pretty much support my family. I'm a waitress by day, and at home I manage 17 websites. I get paid to blog on 5 of those sites. Brings me an extra 300 a week.

7. dogzrule5

dogzrule5 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2008
    Sanford, NC
    I've looked into some 'at home work' things but haven't found one that was actually real. I keep coming across "virtual assistant" openings and I'd love to do that p/t after my day job for additional income.

In the back of some quilting and gardening magazines there are ads for work at home things that ask you to send a stamped self addressed envelope. I responded to two ads and they wanted me to purchase supplies - forget that!

8. Rhett&SarahsMom

May 8, 2008
    Quote:You get paid to blog? How? do tell. I would kill to make $300 a week. Getting a PT job at a local ff joint or the Walmart is only going to clear me $120 a week(approx after taxes)

9. blueskylen

blueskylen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2008
    WV
    We have a home office - and own a small payroll service, as my husband is an accountant, and i was in payroll for 20 years. this is our main income, but for a bit of extra cash, what I also do is secret shopping for

www. secretshopnet.com

it is relatively easy to do, you can take the kids if necessary, and do shops like - us cellular - arbys - kfc -each job only takes 15 minutes to complete, plus maybe a half hour to do the report online.

i know there are a lot of scams out there, but this is NOT a scam company and they pay you thru a direct deposit. I have been doing shops off and on for them for 3-4 years now with no problems. they pay each month and also add bonus money and mileage, if needed.

10. Chickfever

Jul 22, 2007
    Southwest VA
    Yes, please tell about getting paid to blog.

I'll be looking into the secret shopper website. The problem with here is that I live at least 45 minutes from EVERYTHING [​IMG].

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by