1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Anyones girls starting to pick up?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by kyle7630, Jan 14, 2011.

1. kyle7630

kyle7630 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 14, 2008
    Semora NC
    I have been seeing an ever so slight increase in egg production from week to week for about a month now. Went from getting 2-3 eggs a day from 11 hens to about 7 now. Anybody else have a flock that in picking up?

2. 6chickens in St. Charles

6chickens in St. Charles Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    St. Charles, IL
    Yes, absolutely. My boss at work mentioned how the Winter Solstice happened, and now we get more light every day. Funny how the chickens respond in such a concrete, obvious way. Makes me think about the coming Spring! And The Garden! Every egg reminds me the winter is going to end, and the warm sunny days are coming back!

3. pips&peeps

pips&peeps There is no "I" in Ameraucana

Jan 18, 2008
    Newman Lake, WA
    Getting 40+ eggs a day now.

4. Cranman

Cranman Out Of The Brooder

Oct 2, 2010
    Sanford NC
    Yes I have 6 hens and it had gotten to 1-2 a day but we're back up to 3-4 a day. I thought it was due to the changes I made in their coop and feed, but certainly it could be due to more daylight. Since we just had snow/ice and sleet I expected them to slow down but they have picked up alot just in the last 4-5 days.

5. Mervin

Mervin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Pennsyltucky
    We have ten pullets right now. Just before Christmas, it was 3-4 a day. Then it was like 4-5 for a couple of weeks. Now we're up to 5-6 this week.

6. Silverduck

Silverduck Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2007
    Walker County, Alabama
    I have all bantams, and I got 5 eggs today, It had gotten so I was only getting 1 or maybe 2 every other day.

7. MuranoFarms

MuranoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2009
    Boyers, Pa
    Yes and no. Mine slowed down a little. I think each one took a few weeks break......but at different times! lol The pullets that were hatched in summer are now starting to lay also, so the numbers are up.

8. Hi! Picking up slowly but surely here.
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

9. dwegg

dwegg Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes..my 7 girls went from 1-2 eggs a day to 4-7 eggs now and the switch was Christmas Day?...

10. ChickenCat

ChickenCat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    craig county, VA
    Yes, we went from 4-6 a day up to 14 to 18 a day,,,,,,, finally I can fill all of my orders again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by