Anything in nc?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by tabatha_westcott, Feb 10, 2009.

1. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    Selling or trade?

2. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    What do you want and where in NC do you live? I am in Western NC a small town called Franklin. I have chickens and eggs for sale or swap. Just let me know!

3. tabatha_westcott

tabatha_westcott Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2009
    I'd like to find a place for some roos....
    They are 3 weeks now I can raise them for a couple more months

4. antiquebuff

antiquebuff Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Franklin, NC
    Sorry, I have the same problem, too many roos for the amount of hens I have.
    Good luck to you!

5. Matt A NC

Matt A NC Overrun With Chickens

Feb 22, 2007
    Morganton, NC
    nm

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009
  6. Big Blue

Big Blue Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2008
    Quote:What are you looking for?

7. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    Actually I am having a hard time finding a roo. But I need a game rooster, and nobody wants to let them go. It is all the same thing that they don't want the competition in shows or otherwise. I have no intention of either but no luck. I'm betting you don't have fowl or you would have no problem getting a buyer.

8. KyleD.

KyleD. Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2009
    south carolina
    walkingwolf what part of N.C. you from? i think im getting a game rooster this saturday.

9. WalkingWolf

WalkingWolf Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm close to Sanford about the middle of the state. Too many chicks to take care of to travel at this time. Sometimes the feed store will have one or two but they are usually gone in matter of minutes.

They are around here it is just that the breeders will not sell to anyone local. I have one that is just down the road when I contacted him he would not sell because I am local. I would never refuse to sell for that reason. The way I look at it is if a bird from my bloodline wins a show then that would make my stock sell for more, but that is just me.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2009
  10. Darin115

Darin115 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2008
    Asheboro, NC
    If you have too many roos you should be able to unload them at any flea market. They will be bought for meat. The flea markets around here, Asheboro, consist heavily of hispanics. I watched one lady pull a crate full of roos out of the back of her truck. They were gone in less than 15 minutes. She also sold a crate full of bantams in less than 30 minutes.

I will have approx 20-25 chicks for sale tomorrow night. Hopefully. The are astraloup and barred rock chicks. They are hatching right now. I pick them up tomorrow after work.

I also have a couple of white leghorn hens for sale if anyone is interested.

Darin

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by