ANYTHING in Oregon/WA area?? Please?

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by akanalynn, Jul 7, 2008.

1. akanalynn

akanalynn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2008
    Everyone was right...just a couple chickens is not enough... But I don't want day olds, or any lil' babies, because I am 38 weeks pregnant and just don't have the time for MORE babies! Will pick up or meet part way anywhere in the Portland/Vancouver area, or even quite a distance. I really like my BR, and would like a silkie too.... I am open to just about any good laying or cool looking chicken... They mostly just make my day to have in the yard, free ranging the garden. [​IMG]

The only thing is they need to be old enough to go outside... a couple months old would be perfect....Thank you so much for any info!

2. silkiechicken

silkiechicken Staff PhD Premium Member

I live in Everett WA and will be putting up some silkies that are almost 4 months old and possibly two that are 2 years old and proven broodies. Silkies aren't the best layers and like to set so might not be a best match for you if you want eggs. I'll probably be picking out the ones to sell in a few weeks, but...that would be one long 3 hour drive for a few birds. All are pet quality and I sell girls for $15 each and males for $5. They are all free ranged and so are predator savvy and been out doors since 3 weeks old if that is what you are seeking. They are only fenced out of the gardens. Best of luck on your search, and send me a line if you can't find any closer.

3. chilisweet

chilisweet Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 17, 2008
    Vancouver, WA
    I just checked Craigslist in Portland, OR and there are at least 3 posts with laying hens in them. I check about every other day and there is always something. If you are willing to drive to Scappoose, there is a gal there who has a ton of hens she is selling. I just got 3 bantams from her tonight.

I can give you her info if you are interested? Just let me know.

Good luck!
    ~Caran

4. akanalynn

akanalynn Out Of The Brooder

Apr 28, 2008
    Is it really possible there's no one around my area? Jeez...

5. Tsagirl

Tsagirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 9, 2007
    Eugene,OR
    aka...where in Oregon are you located?

Near Eugene at all?

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by