APA national show

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by SlowMoneyFarm, Jun 21, 2011.

1. SlowMoneyFarm

SlowMoneyFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    I saw a link for a National show in late October in Indianapolis and am wondering if anyone's shown there before? Are there birds for sale or exhibitors who would bring birds for sale? Is there an admission fee? Any details/info appreciated.

2. Debbi

Debbi Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2010
    Missouri
  3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    I've not shown there so I don't know if there's an admission charge for non-exhibitors.
    I would expect there will be hundreds of birds for sale.

4. SlowMoneyFarm

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    Thanks - I'd seen the link there but wasn't sure of details. Sales I'd imagine would happen but what to expect...$10? $50? More? Depends on breed or??? Do people typically bring birds not entered to sell (or would they bring pullets if requested in advance)? How to find forums to contact?

The national rabbit convention will be there with overlapping dates and I'd like to come to buy birds and show/buy/sell rabbits since both will be at the fairgrounds. Just trying to estimate what I'll need to do that.

5. HBuehler

HBuehler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 30, 2009
    Lebanon TN
    $50 for a quality bird not even at that level isn't much to pay...all about the quality and then the breed. I hope to be going but may have another obligation that weekend..Not sure if we will take any birds yet if we go.

6. SlowMoneyFarm

May 11, 2011
    Nauvoo
    It may not be - but then to buy a trio is $150+ without knowing if there will even be offspring...and if there's no way to find out what's available it's real hard to make money poof in my hand to pay it (or at least I haven't mastered it yet!) [​IMG] So if cash sales one must know what to bring and what to reasonably look for. Or at least that's the case in the rabbit world.

7. LittleChickenLady

LittleChickenLady Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2011
    Clanton, Alabama
    If they're having it at the State Fairgrounds, you'll probably have to pay for parking. Whenever they have things going on there the fee is anywhere between $3-10 and then you don't usually have to pay to go to whatever is going on unless specified differently.

8. Mrs. Turbo

Mrs. Turbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 26, 2009
    ky
    Quote:There will be a ton of birds for sale.....trust me.

9. High Roost Ranch

High Roost Ranch The Chicken Whisperer

There should be an excellent assortment of birds for sale, there was in 2006 when I exhibited there. There is no charge to see the show or to buy birds/supplies from a vendor. I'm not sure about parking cost this year, there wasn't in '06. Be prepared to be blown away by the volume of birds that will be there, it's really something to see.

10. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:Bring what you can affors to spend. If you don't spend it all so much the better.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by