APA or ABA wyandotte standard ?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by encorepistol, Jul 15, 2010.

1. encorepistol

encorepistol Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Do either one especially the APA make a breed specific standard publication for the wyandotte in both large and bantam fowl that would include all the most recent colors recognized by each association? I'm mainly interested in the bantams but work with the LF also and would like to have copies of them to judge by according to the most recent standards .

2. Sonoran Silkies

Sonoran Silkies Flock Mistress

Jan 4, 2009
    Tempe, Arizona
    You're asking if you can purchase a copy of the standard for a single breed? I sincerely doubt it. If there is a wyandotte club website, they may have extracted portions of the standard with permission from one or both organizations. The standards are not that expensive unless you want the full colour APA version.

3. encorepistol

encorepistol Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Yes I was wondering about specific breed standard book. I've looked on the net and found the APA standard but doesn't include the color blue for wyandottes and I can't find anything in it about the bantam standards. I don't mind buying the book at all but would just want to be sure it had all the latest additions as far as colors go.

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Quote:I have the latest edition (1998) and it has the color blue in it. It also has a bantam section.

5. NYREDS

NYREDS Crowing

Jan 14, 2008
    Quote:I have the latest edition (1998) and it has the color blue in it. It also has a bantam section.

That's right & actually Blues were added to the APA Standard in 1977.

6. Chris09

Chris09 Circle (M) Ranch

Jun 1, 2009
    Ohio
    As of the 2001 American Standard of Perfection -

Large Fowl

•Silver Laced
    •Gold Laced
    •White
    •Black
    •Buff
    •Partridge
    •Silver Penciled
    •Columbian
    •Blue

Bantam Fowl

•Black
    •Blue
    •Buff
    •Buff Columbian
    •Columbian
    •Gold Laced
    •Partridge
    •Silver Laced
    •Silver Penciled
    •White

Chris

7. encorepistol

encorepistol Songster

Mar 25, 2009
    MO
    Great so the one for sale on the APA website would be the most recent and have all the accepted colors then?

8. Rock N' Faverolles

Rock N' Faverolles Songster

Nov 8, 2009
    Quote:I would wait on buying an APA standard. The newest edition is due out at any moment. Actually it should have been out already, but it's been held up.

Also, the ABA recognizes several more colors in the wyandotte bantams. 8 more colors I think.

David

9. MWchickens

MWchickens In the Brooder

Apr 17, 2011
    Hello All [​IMG]

My DD is making a poster for the fall PNWPA show.
    She is making an info poster on Wyandottes and needs to have photo examples of a rose comb and pictures of the APA recognized colored wyandottes.
    We are asking for your permission to print the photos of your chickens.[​IMG]
    She has a SL wyandotte~Lacey who is gorgeous:love that she will be showing.

WE need the pics ASAP:barnie as her post should be done by the 14th of October 2011.

Thank you for your time [​IMG]

MW chickens and DD

[​IMG]

10. saladin

saladin Songster

Mar 30, 2009
    the South
    Rock N' Faverolles :

Quote:I would wait on buying an APA standard. The newest edition is due out at any moment. Actually it should have been out already, but it's been held up.

Also, the ABA recognizes several more colors in the wyandotte bantams. 8 more colors I think.

David

I thought the 2011 Standard was already out; at least that was my understanding. I'm sure I also read that the APA will have them for sale at the Crossroads Show.​

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by