2)Silver Laced Wyanndotte
3)Hamburgs
4)Maran
5)Polish
6)Silkie
7)Possibly Ameracauna

The breeders must have birds up to APA standard, and be SQ birds

Last edited:
If you are a member of the APA, you get a yearbook every year filled with hundreds and hundreds of listings and advertisements from breeders of the quality you seek.

The APA maintains both "unofficial" and member's only "official" pages on that popular social network place, just saying.  

I'm not a member yet, I need to get a membership though

Cool. I may need to become a member too.
Always a good idea. The yearbooks alone are worth the membership. Also, look up the show results for the huge APA shows . Try www.poultryshowcentral.com or search by show name you have found there.
Also, try internet searching by keywords " Grand champion ( insert breed name)". Using the "image" option is always helpful so you can also see the birds.
Best,
Karen

Really, while it is understandable that those just starting out don't know where to start, but it is important to realize that this site is Back Yard Chickens and that is it's primary and dominate focus, not breeding to standard per se. 95% of all APA or ABA top breeders/exhibitors are not really on this site. Just the way it is. Those wishing to breed towards standards accepted by the APA or ABA and exhibiting in APA or ABA sanctioned events need to seek guidance and information starting with those associations themselves. Those of us dues paying members of both associations probably have to do a better job of pointing inquiring people in that direction.

Glad to be of help.

Really, while it is understandable that those just starting out don't know where to start, but it is important to realize that this site is Back Yard Chickens and that is it's primary and dominate focus, not breeding to standard per se.  95% of all APA or ABA top breeders/exhibitors are not really on this site. Just the way it is.   Those wishing to breed towards standards accepted by the APA or ABA and exhibiting in APA or ABA sanctioned events need to seek guidance and information starting with those associations themselves.  Those of us dues paying members of both associations probably have to do a better job of pointing inquiring people in that direction.  

Glad to be of help.

I'm looking for suggestions to breeders not breeders to reply here, since I haven't had much luck looking on the internet..

Back
Top Bottom