APB! APB! 2 Missing Pullets!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Jackie B., Aug 3, 2010.

1. Jackie B.

Jackie B. Paris Mtn. Eggs

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    DH saw a huge hawk yesterday eyeing the flock so he stayed out on the deck until it flew away. This morning I thought it strange that all 4 were standing on the steps eyeing me as I left...waiting for me to leave? I have a 1/4 of a shipping crate to what I thought would prevent them from being able to fly over the stairs but apparently not so much- Shannon the SLW and Ashley the BO were pecking on the glass doors on the back deck. DH went searching for the other 2 and they, of course, are no where to be found. Why can't everyone stay together? And now, hawk is back. Awesome. What's the saying, replace 1 with 2? [​IMG]
    WAHHH!!!
    -Jackie

2. cfdf

cfdf Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    Don't give up looking for them yet. Another lost chicken was found today on another post. MAYBE THEY ARE JUST HIDING. I will keep my fingers crossed that you find them.

3. Jackie B.

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    Taylor has returned. Walked on the back deck like nothing was wrong. Now to find her wild freind Casey...

4. cfdf

cfdf Songster

Apr 12, 2010
    [​IMG] YIPPIE!

5. Jackie B.

May 13, 2010
    Greenville, SC
    So far no Casey. Even my DH is upset about it which I am shocked about. Maybe it's better that we haven't found any feathers? Should I leave the pop door open to the coop if by some chance Casey may be alive and want to return? Shannon the roo has been calling for her, not crowing but being very vocal. Poor boy.

So the question remains...what do I replace her with? I'll have to get at least 2 to fill the void (and egg production)...

-Jackie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by