Apologies, just remembered to do this...

erehwon

Chirping
Sep 6, 2019
Apologies as this is a little late having put some posts on already (sorry about that).

We currently reside in Bulgaria where we survive by growing most of our own food, foraging in the countryside around us and raising chickens, ducks, geese for eggs and food also rabbits for meat. Before coming here we had never grown or raised anything so we have learnt on the go so to speak.

We have mallard derivative ducks, muscovy ducks, Toulouse geese, Backyard chickens and Orpingtons (only two but we will be using them to increase our number come Spring), Californian and Belgian Hare rabbits. All the birds and one rabbit have free run of the garden together during the day. We also have (we think) a Flemish Giant rabbit as a house rabbit (another communication issue as we wanted a small cuddly one) but he is an old bunny now.

We started off with chickens progressed to rabbits, ended up with ducks after buying what we thought were goslings then muscovies when we brought what were meant to be normal mallard ducklings, our Bulgarian was obviously not very good then or we were just conned!

We are still learning and still making mistakes and my partner would like a goat next but I am not sure the dog could cope with one of them wandering around his garden as he has only just got used to the geese grabbing his tail, besides with my command of the Bulgarian language we could end up with a horse!

7C86C99D-8716-457B-8027-CABBB1133F81.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom