Apparently I'm a big baby

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by pbjmaker, Aug 30, 2011.

1. pbjmaker

pbjmaker Overrun With Chickens

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    But I got stung by a bee a little bit ago and it HURTS!!! My 17 year old gave me a fake "ahhhh poor mommy"

I haven't been stung by a bee since I was really little. I was just out with Sparky and it landed in his head fur and he was trying to shake it out. I *gently*, like a breeze blew on it and it attacked me! All I could think was what if I'm allergic? I will lay down in the driveway and die by myself and SpArKy will just lick me. [​IMG]

Took some benedryl (sp) and put ice on it. I guess I'll live...

2. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:If you're a big baby than so am I! Remember when that wasp stung me three times smack dab on the top of my head (posted on FB). I woke Keith up with my crying and demanded to be held.....the kiss to make my boo boo better was nice too; but not necessary. [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  3. Avalon1984

Avalon1984 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2010
    Muskegon
    Bee stings HURT! Don't let anybody tell you otherwise. I keep bees and I got stung in my face and arm the other month and it took 2 weeks to get better. [​IMG]

4. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    I took a 1 1/2 hour benadryl induced nap and awoke to Jar of Hearts being sung on Glee - I think I'm gonna live now. It does still sting a bit and is red half way around my wrist but I'm not dead [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  5. desertdarlene

desertdarlene Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2010
    San Diego
    For me, it doesn't hurt when I'm actually stung, but afterwards when the area swells up into a welt.

6. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Glad yur feeling better... [​IMG]
    I'm a baby too.. It DOES hurt! [​IMG]

7. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    I'm glad you are feeling better too. I'm not sure why, perhaps it was the location, but my scalp was sore for a solid week.

8. pbjmaker

May 9, 2008
    Central Iowa
    Do you think a bee sting is a good enough excuse for not doing any housework? [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Quote:Why yes! Of course you Ninny! (any boo boo counts as a no housework day...)

10. PaulaSB12

PaulaSB12 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 6, 2010
    Quote:Next time you need sympathy just remind your teenager how close it is to christmas!!!!!!!

[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by