1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Appenzellar Spitzhauben Classification QuestionPLEASE NEED ANSWER ASAP

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Tootsie, Jul 11, 2011.

1. Tootsie

Tootsie Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2011
  2. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Did I post this in the wrong topic?

3. NYREDS

NYREDS Overrun With Chickens

Jan 14, 2008
    There is no class for them as they are not recognized in the American Standard.

4. Tootsie

Oct 13, 2008
    Northern NJ
    Thank you for your input. I know that but at our state fair the rules are much more flexible than at our regular shows so you can show birds who are not recognized so I am trying to select the closest match. When you show here you must keep your birds there for the entire show of about 11 days and since these 2 gals are crate trained and do well in dog crates they would be comfortable in the cages. If I take other breeds they will loose their pecking order and mess me up. You must show birds in order to be allowed to sell birds there. Any thoughts.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2011
  5. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Try entering them in the Continental class, after all they were from a different country. That is what the breeders in the UK do list them under Continental class.

We are hoping one day we will have APA to accept Appenzeller Spitzhaubens as one of the breeds. However there isn't enough people breeding them for standards and not enough people showing them. FB has a club going on for Spitzhaubens.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by