Appenzeller Barthuner eggs finally here!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LuvMyPolish, Mar 7, 2013.

1. LuvMyPolish

LuvMyPolish Out Of The Brooder

Jan 16, 2011
    Roy, WA
    We've been waiting to add Appenzeller Barthuners to our farm for awhile now. Finally got our hatching eggs today.....after being "lost" by the USPS since last night! Been a crazy, stressful day tracking them down, but thankfully they were found safe. Bought 10 eggs, received 15. All intact and looking good. They are now resting peacefully on our counter for 24 hours then into the incubator! So exited and hoping for a great hatch!

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I'm glad your eggs arrived o.k. for you! Good luck with your hatch and keep us posted.

3. qball53

qball53 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2012
    Where did you get eggs? I thought Greenfire was the only one with these and I don't see eggs listed for sale.

4. JimH99

JimH99 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 12, 2013
    I just purchased 12 chicks one day old direct from Greenfire Farms about a week ago. All chicks arrived healthy and they are so gentle and tame too. My auction reads on Rare Breeds Auction from GreenFire that this was only the 2nd batch of live chicks from their Barthuners sold ever. I also saw the auction with same offer by Greenfire using same language as my auction claiming to be only 2nd group of live chicks sold. As far as I know and was led to believe there are no other Barthuners out there that are old enough to breed yet unless GreenFire is the one selling the eggs. This is all I know about the Barthuners, but I paid handsomely for them based on that information. They are still advertising juvenile pairs for $999. They have sold a few juvenile pairs that I am aware of.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  5. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We have 2 Partridge Barts

6. TNBEARCHICK

TNBEARCHICK Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 17, 2012
    JOHNSON CITY
    We now have one mature rooster, 1 juvenile rooster and 5 juvenile pullets. We are hoping to be breeding this winter off of these.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by