Appenzeller Spitzhauben Breeders

MeanCheek

Pyncheon
10 Years
Jul 17, 2012
Western Montana
Does anyone know of any Spitzhauben breeders that would ship chicks? Last spring, I bought 4 from Cackle and I love them, but I was so disappointed in quality. They have so many disqualifications; lacing, wrytail, squirrel tail, and one cockerel has crooked toes. Anyway, I don't need show quality (although it would be nice;)) I just don't want birds that would be disqualified from a show.

Two of them looking for pine nuts today.
20220307_152955.jpg

I'd prefer birds bred towards the Swiss SOP, any colors. Bantams would be amazing, but I don't expect them (I probably couldn't afford them anyway).:)

I'm also looking for Spitzhauben. I live near Spring Creek hatchery, and can't get them to answer any emails. I wanted the spangled, and on their webpage, you can't pick colors. So I even contacted some people listed as members in the parent club, and only got one response. They ship eggs, which I may have to break down and purchase if no one else will get back.

You can try Foxfire Poultry in Idaho. I’ve hatched multiple chicks from there and most are pretty good quality. Not perfect, but close to it with some. They do sell and ship chicks as well.

I'm also looking for Spitzhauben. I live near Spring Creek hatchery, and can't get them to answer any emails. I wanted the spangled, and on their webpage, you can't pick colors. So I even contacted some people listed as members in the parent club, and only got one response. They ship eggs, which I may have to break down and purchase if no one else will get back.
I ended up ordering from Cackle. It seems they are a good cheap place, their gold are supposed to be better than their silver. Remember to avoid birds with crests that go backwards. They're great birds, but they roam twice as far as my guineas did. I hope you can get some good ones!

Back
Top Bottom