1. There is currently a quarantine in place in the area surrounding and containing the Southern California counties of Los Angeles County and Riverside County for Virulent Newcastle Disease. The quarantine strictly restricts movements of poultry, eggs, supplies and other items that can spread vND. Please do not list items for sale originating from either county without written permission from the CDFA. Please see here for more details

Appenzeller Spitzhauben Cross Chicks - Western Washington

Discussion in 'Chicks 1 Day to 8 Weeks Old' started by Sudsy Chick, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Sudsy Chick

Sudsy Chick Songster

Apr 28, 2011
    Washington State
    I have these two adorable Appenzeller Spitzhauben Crosses available for $5 per chick.

Hatched by incubator on April 16 and 17, they are exactly eight weeks old June 10th.

They are outside with no heat lamp. They all free-range during the day with my older flock and sleep in their own coop at night.

Chick from Appenzeller Spitzhauben rooster w/ Brabanters hen
    (both crested breeds)
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben/Brabanters Picture 1
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben/Brabanters Picture 2
    While I am not totally sure - I am fairly certain that this first chick is a cockerel.

Chick from Appenzeller Spitzhauben & Rhode Island Red hen
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben/BO-RIR Picture 1
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben/BO-RIR Egger Picture 2
    Appenzeller Spitzhauben/BO-RIR Egger Picture 3
    I'm not sure if this second chick is a cockerel or pullet, let me know if you want a different picture and of what area.

Pickup: I live in Kirkland

Delivery: I would be willing to meet you within an hours drive or at my side of most ferries for an additional $5 (to cover gas)

Shipping: I have never shipped poultry before - if you are willing to help me from your side I would be willing to try. You would pay all shipping, packaging, and insurance costs involved.

Other questions? Post them here - if you have questions others probably do, too. =)

thanks so much! dawn

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: