No, not really, putting too much vinegar in their water will likely decrease their water intake, it's something that should be measured out.
I have never used ACV, it's too much of a hassle to pour some in every morning, and TBH it tastes like crap, I don't really see any need to add it, If you want to get rid of algae, keep the waterer in a shade, and clean it out often with a high power nozzle hose, AVC does little for algae, In my experience.
I do a tablespoon per gallon. They love the flavor. Never had a problem with them drinking. I also can tell you my ACV watercontainers empty much faster than the others. But they got use to it young. If you have older chickens they may not take to the flavor right away so make sure you watch them and they are drinking.