Apple cider vinegar for peas?

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by AnnaLease, Sep 30, 2011.

1. AnnaLease

AnnaLease Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2011
    I've heard that apple cider vinegar is great for all animals (and humans). But I just wanted to make, sure- is it OK for peas?

2. C&Rman

C&Rman Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2011
    Nevada
    I used it for when my chickens were sick, they healed a week or two after I gave it to them... If your peacocks are sick or something, I am sure it would be fine to give it to them.

3. AnnaLease

May 10, 2011
    Well, they're not sick, but I've heard that ACV is good to give them to KEEP them healthy. I've heard it has many health benefits.

4. bdfive

bdfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    South of Blanco, TX
    I've read that many times but forget what amount to give. I'm assuming in water? Do you know? Thanks!

5. AnnaLease

May 10, 2011
    Yes, you are supposed to mix it in with their water. Any amount from 1T -1 cup per gallon of water, I've read. I give it to my chickens and guineas, but I don't know if I should try with my peachicks. I only have 5, so I don't know if I should take my chances. [​IMG]

6. bdfive

bdfive Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2010
    South of Blanco, TX
    Put "apple cider vinegar peafowl" in the search window. All kinds of information and sounds like it has multi purposes that are all good. I'm going to read it later. I'm off to Tractor Supply to get some Manna Pro suppliment for my peafowl and have lunch. [​IMG]

7. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    I would give it to them and not worry one bit about it. It's good stuff and good for everything!! [​IMG]
    But I wouldn't use 1 cup to 1 gallon of water! I only use a couple of TBS per gallon.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by